The Friends of the CAC was organized in 2006 to advocate for quality services for Frederick children and families who are the victims of abuse, as well as to help increase the knowledge and understanding of the CAC and childhood abuse for those in our community.
The Child Advocacy Center (CAC) opened its doors April, 2001 after a Memorandum of Understanding was signed by a number of organizations and agencies from our community. The agreed upon mission was to establish a child-friendly facility for the children and families of abuse that was/is designed, staffed and equipped to provide comprehensive and coordinated services for those children and families.
Our current goals are:
- To promote community awareness and education relative to the needs of children who become victims of abuse.
- To focus on legislative issues relative to domestic violence against children
- To provide CAC support as needed for staff, child victims of abuse and their non-offending family members.
- To provide leadership in our community for acquiring a permanent home that is child-friendly and in a secure location.
- Actively seeking funding to support the recovery of victims of child abuse.
Our meetings are held on the first Monday of every month.